Who we are
Welcome to IFAD’s community of practice for geospatial applications. Our main activities are:
- Community building: Bringing people working on geospatial applications in IFAD-funded projects together to optimize resources, communication flow and outputs;
- Knowledge sharing: Capturing experiences on using GIS and Earth observation in IFAD-funded operations, and sharing new studies, blog posts, newly-released geospatial tools and datasets, interesting training courses and online webinars.
We aim to enhance IFAD’s operations and impact through systematic integration of geospatial tools, methods and data analytics.
Who can join
All IFAD staff and consultants, project staff in IFAD-funded projects, as well as partners in the private sector and in research are welcome to join this community. You should:
- Have an interest in geospatial tools, data and methodologies; and
- Be involved in the design, implementation or evaluation of IFAD strategies and projects.
Using GIS in IFAD operations
Use this forum to exchange on the following topics:
- Using GIS in project design, monitoring and evaluation, targeting as well as impact assessments;
- Assessment of climatic and environmental hazards and impacts;
- Datasets on a wide range of themes (e.g., demographics, poverty, land cover, and environmental hazards);
- Software and hardware considerations;
- Simple data visualizations;
- Big data analysis using Google Earth Engine;
- Data standards;
- IFAD’s internal systems and procedures, including GeoNode;
- GIS consultants and companies;
- External initiatives that provide GIS and Earth-observation services free of charge.
Read more about our community and GIS applications in IFAD on our wiki page.
Join the community
- 154 Members
- 21 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of IFAD.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.