The concept of information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D) refers to the potential use of information and communication technologies (ICT) to achieve accelerated and scaled-up social and economic development.
The objective of the ICT4D strategy is to provide IFAD with a framework for leveraging ICT to increase development impact and improve the economic and social conditions of rural people through increased agricultural productivity, greater benefits from market participation and strengthened household resilience.
To this end, the strategy proposes four action areas: (i) promote scalable uptake of ICT4D solutions; (ii) strengthen ICT4D partnerships; (iii) enhance ICT4D knowledge management and sharing; and (iv) build internal ICT4D awareness, capacity and leadership.
ICT4D Community of Practice is born with the idea to joint together all ICT4D practitioners across IFAD in order to strengthen the sharing knowledge inside the organization through dgroups.io
- 39 Members
- 41 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- This is a subgroup of IFAD.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.