LOG IN ONTO THIS GROUP
You are a member of this group and you will be able to log in which will enable you to edit your profile, read and post messages via the platform (instead of via email) and use other features from the platform such as the chat, the calendar and hashtags.
To log in to this page:
- Click on the upper right corner of this page and the login page will open
- Enter your email and password
- If you haven't set a password or if you forgot your password click the "Email me a link to log in" button
- If you don't receive the email check your spam or junk mail folder
To make it easier - you can choose to log in using Facebook or Gmail so you do not need to create a new account here!
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
Updating your profile is important. It allows other users to get to know you better and it will improve the networking among members.
- Click your name on the top right side of this page, and go to your account.
- Once there, you'll see Identity on the left hand side menu (as on the image). Click this to see your account profile, and the profile you use in any other groups you may be part of. Click edit.
- Under your user name and display name you can change your profile privacy settings. Please select the option 'allow other members of this group' to see your profile information and contact you directly. This allows for direct contacts if desired.
- We strongly encourage you to share a photo, short bio, and your location, which allows other group members to easily find you in order to network, collaborate, and invite you to attend regional activities.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSIONS
There are 5 main ways to contribute to the conversations (also called Topics or Threads).
- Reply to an email: Reply to a message when it arrives in your email inbox, just as you would to a normal email (by default your reply goes go all members of the group; you can send a direct email to other members from the member directory of your group).
- Send an email: In your normal email system, create a new email to WCAPCoP@ifad.dgroups.io. Compose the message and send as usual. Messages are moderated to avoid spam so there may be a short delay in it being sent out (by default your reply goes go all members of the group). You can attach a file as usual. Please keep subject lines short and descriptive and attachments as small as possible (link to an online resource if possible)
- Reply to a message on the website: Visit the messages page of your group to find all conversations and choose the one(s) you would like to reply to. To reply to a specific message, click on its title to open the message. Click on the reply button at the bottom of the message and you can enter your text and send.
- Compose a message on the website: Click on the new topic option on your group page in the left navigation. Enter a subject line and your text. Add a hashtag if appropriate.
- Reply to a chat: Click on the chats option in the left navigation. Click on the title of any chat and type your comment in the box. Chats are NOT send by email.
This group provides you with a chats feature that you can use to create and participate in interactive chats on the platform in real time. When someone creates a chat, you will receive an email notification to group members. After that, ongoing activity in the chat does not generate additional email notifications. Members must be logged in to be able to participate in and monitor chats.
To participate in a chat:
- Click on the chat title
- Click the Join Chat button on the chat page. After you join the chat, you can:
- Contribute to the chat by entering text in the text field and clicking the Send button.
- Click the plus (+) button to the left of the text field to:
- Display a list of group members who are participating in the chat.
- Leave the chat.
USE OF # HASHTAGS
To help follow and document conversations, threads (topics) are assigned hashtags - they appear as # in the subject line. Adding a hashtag to a topic title automatically assigns that term as a hashtag to the thread.
Some hashtags are automatically generated by the system for some notifications, such as:
- #poll - used for messages where we ask group members to take a poll
- #cal-invite - used for calendar invitations
- #cal-reminder - used a message is a reminder about an upcoming event
- #chat - used when a new chat is created
This group has a Calendar that members can use to view and create group events.
- To visit this group calendar, click the Calendar entry in the left navigation menu on the group’s website.
- To change the view of the calendar, click the button at the upper right and select the view you want: Month, Week, Day, or List.
You can subscribe to the group calendar from another calendar such as Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, or Apple Calendar, as long as that calendar supports iCalendar format.
CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
You can control your email delivery preference for this group on the Subscription page (second item in the left navigation). By default, you will receive each message posted to the group as an individual email.
Do you not want to receive all messages in an individual email, then you can choose the following options. Remember that at all times you can also consult the messages and the discussions on the online platform.
Full Featured Digest
You receive a fully formatted (HTML) digest containing the day’s messages.
You receive a plain text digest containing the day’s messages.
You receive a once-daily list of topics that were posted that day. The summary does not include the text of any of the messages. It contains only a list of topics.
Special Notices Only
You receive only the messages that moderators have designated as special notices.
We welcome anyone to join our discussions as long as we stay positive, tolerant, open and on topic! To avoid any inappropriate messages the discussions will be monitored and moderated.
Some tips and guidelines for enjoyable discussions:
- Participate: The group will only be use-full if we all participate. Be ready to exchange, share, post, reply!
- Help others: Sharing knowledge and information, means helping others.
- Respect others: We have a diverse group of members, with different backgrounds and from different context. It is important we respect each other and each others point of view.
- Add background information and sources: When possible add background information, links, sources, etc. so the other members can read/learn more on the topic you are sharing.
- Report mistakes or glitches: Nothing is perfect, neither will this group be. Do you see any mistakes? Is something not working properly? Was your message not shared? Please report it to the group administration and we will try to fix it as soon as possible: WCAPCoPemail@example.com
- Be creative: New ideas for a discussion? An activity you would like to organize? Something we should change? Let us know - together we'll improve the community: WCAPCoPfirstname.lastname@example.org